TechnipFMC Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 22, 2023
Your privacy is important to us. This Website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data and applies to TechnipFMC plc and to our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries (“TechnipFMC”). References to our “Sites” in this statement include our websites (including portions of our websites that require authentication to access), mobile apps, devices, HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this notice, and other products and services, including information we collect about you from our social media pages (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”).
This Notice applies to our Sites that display or reference this Notice, but it does not apply to any Sites that display or reference a different privacy notice. If you are applying for a job at TechnipFMC, our Global Applicant Privacy Notice applies.
California consumers can find specific disclosures, including “Notice at Collection” details, by clicking here.
Clicking a link below will take you to the corresponding section of this Notice.
Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies
Our Disclosure of Personal Data
Choice and Control of Personal Data
European Data Protection Rights
Changes to this Privacy Notice
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal Data is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual. The Personal Data we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Sites you use, and the choices you make.
We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our Sites, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, information from third-party data sources, and data we infer or generate from other data.
Information you provide directly. We collect Personal Data you provide to us. For example:
- Name and contact information. We collect name, username or alias, social media account ID, and contact details such as email address, billing and shipping postal address, and phone number.
Information we collect automatically. When you use our Sites, we and our service providers collect some information automatically. For example:
- Identifiers and device information. When you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your Internet Protocol (IP) address and information about your device, including device identifiers (such as MAC address); device type; and your device’s operating system, browser, and other software including type, version, language, settings, and configuration. As further described in our “Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies” notice, our Sites store and retrieve cookie identifiers, mobile IDs, and other online identifiers and data.
- Geolocation data. Depending on your device and app settings, we collect geolocation data when you use our apps or online Sites. When you visit our website, we derive your approximate location from the IP address collected.
- Usage data. We automatically log your activity on our websites, apps and connected products, including the URL of the website from which you came to our sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and other details about your use of and actions on our website.
- Other sensor data. We collect audio, electronic, visual, similar information, such as call and video recordings.
Information we create or generate. We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics (“inferences”). For example, we infer your general geographic location (such as country) based on your IP address.
Information we obtain from third-party sources. We also obtain the types of information described above from third parties. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Third-party partners. Third-party applications and services, including social networks you choose to connect with or interact with through our Sites.
- Co-branding/marketing partners. Partners with which we offer co-branded Sites or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Service providers. Third parties that collect or provide data in connection with work they do on our behalf, for example companies that determine your device’s location based on its IP address.
- Publicly available sources. Public sources of information such as open government databases.
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. And you may use web browser or operating system controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain Sites or features, those Sites or features may not be available or fully functional.
If you disclose any Personal Data relating to other people to us or our service providers in connection with the Sites, you take steps to ensure that you have the permission to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Notice.
COOKIES, MOBILE IDs, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
OUR USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use the Personal Data we collect for purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we use each of the categories of Personal Data we collect for the following purposes:
- Product and service delivery. To provide and deliver our services, including arranging access to your registered account, and troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those services.
- Business operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, detecting fraudulent or illegal activity, and meeting our legal obligations.
- Product improvement, development, and research. To develop new Sites, services, or features, and to conduct research, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites and services are of most interest to users.
- Personalization. To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites.
- Customer support. To provide customer support and respond to your questions and requests for information.
- Communications. To send you information, including confirmations, requested quotes, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Marketing. To facilitate the social sharing functionality that you choose to use, and to communicate with you about new Sites, offers, promotions, internal competitions, upcoming events, investor news, and other information about our Sites and those of our selected partners. (See the Choice and Control section of this Notice for information about how to change your preferences for promotional communications).
- Advertising. To display advertising to you (see our “Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies” notice for information about personalized advertising and your advertising choices).
We combine data we collect from different sources for these purposes and to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate interest, and/or upon your consent.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose Personal Data with your consent or as we determine necessary to complete your transactions or provide the Sites you have requested or authorized. In addition, we disclose each of the categories of Personal Data described above, to the types of third parties described below, for the following business purposes:
- Public information. You may select options available through our Sites to publicly display and disclose your name and/or username and certain other information, such as your profile, demographic data, content and files, or geolocation data.
- Service providers. We provide Personal Data to vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Notice. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, auditing, customer service support, or to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to Personal Data to provide those functions.
- Affiliates. We enable access to Personal Data across our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, for example, where we share common data systems or where access helps us to provide our Sites and operate our business. TechnipFMC plc is the party responsible for the management of this jointly used Personal Data.
- Corporate transactions. We may disclose Personal Data as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a reorganization, merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or a transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock. Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
- Legal and law enforcement. We will access, disclose, and preserve Personal Data when we believe that doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- Security, safety, and protecting rights. We will disclose Personal Data if we believe it is necessary to:
- protect our customers and others, for example to prevent spam or attempts to commit fraud, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our Sites, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of ourselves or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms and conditions, and policies.
Third-party analytics and advertising companies also collect Personal Data through our website and apps including identifiers and device information (such as cookie IDs, device IDs, and IP address), geolocation data, usage data, and inferences based on and associated with that data, as described in our “Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies” notice.
Please note that some of our Sites also include integrations, references, or links to services provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide Personal Data to any of those third parties, or allow us to share Personal Data with them, that data is governed by their privacy notices and security practices. The inclusion of a link on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. When you connect your Sites account with your social media account, you will share information with your friends associated with your social media account, with other users, and with your social media account provider. For further information about social media platform privacy practices, please review their privacy notices.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated or de-identified information in accordance with applicable law.
CHOICE AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA
We provide a variety of ways for you to control the Personal Data we hold about you, including choices about how we use that data. In some jurisdictions, these controls and choices may be enforceable as rights under applicable law.
Access, portability, correction, and deletion. If you wish to access, correct, or delete Personal Data about you that we hold, you may access your account by logging into the TechnipFMC Sites you use.
If you are unable to access, copy, correct, or delete certain Personal Data we have via the means described above, you can send us a request by using contact methods described at the bottom of this Notice. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes.
Communications preferences. You can choose whether to receive investor-related communications from us by email. If you receive investor-related email from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message or by contacting us as described in the Contact Us section of this Notice. If you receive a sales call from us, you can ask to be placed on our do-not-call list. These choices do not apply to certain informational communications including surveys and mandatory service communications.
Data sales. Some privacy laws define “sale” broadly to include some the disclosures described in the Our Disclosure of Personal Data section of this Notice and in our “Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies” notice. To opt-out from such data “sales,” use the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link in the footer of the website, enable a Global Privacy Control in your browser, email us using the contact information at the bottom of this Notice, or use other controls described in the Choice and Control section of this Notice
Except for the automated controls described in our “Cookies, Mobile IDs, and Other Technologies” notice, if you send us a request to exercise your rights or these choices, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline requests in certain cases. For example, we may decline requests where granting the request would be prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, would reveal a trade secret or other confidential information, or would interfere with a legal or business obligation that requires retention or use of the data. Further, we may decline a request where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates, the request is unreasonable or excessive, or where otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you receive a response from us informing you that we have declined your request, in whole or in part, you may appeal that decision, in some cases, by submitting your appeal to our privacy office using the contact methods described in the How to Contact Us section.
EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If the processing of Personal Data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, Personal Data
- If any automated processing of Personal Data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the Personal Data in a usable and portable format
- If the processing of Personal Data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of Personal Data under certain circumstances
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death
To make such requests, or to contact our Data Protection Officer, please use the contact information at the bottom of this Notice. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for your country or region, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing Personal Data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Sites you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal data about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that information. This California Privacy Rights section does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the personal data we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role with us. If you are applying for a job at TechnipFMC, our Global Applicant Privacy Notice applies.
Notice at Collection. At or before the time of collection, you have a right to receive notice of our practices, including the categories of personal data and sensitive personal data to be collected, the purposes for which such information is collected or used, whether such information is sold or shared, and how long such information is retained. You can find those details in this Notice by clicking on the above links.
Right to Know. You have a right to request that we disclose to you the personal data we have collected about you. You also have a right to request additional information about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of such personal data. Note that we have provided much of this information in this Notice. You may make such a “request to know” by contacting us at CCPA_Request@technipfmc.com or 1-833-647-0817 (toll-free number).
Rights to Request Correction or Deletion. You also have rights to request that we correct inaccurate personal data and that we delete personal data under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to correct or delete, contact us at CCPA_Request@technipfmc.com or 1-833-647-0817 (toll-free number).
Right to Opt-Out / “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information”. You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” or “sharing” of personal data as those terms are defined by the CCPA. Note that the CCPA defines “sell,” “share,” and “personal data” very broadly, and some of our data sharing described in this Notice may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under those definitions. In particular, we let advertising and analytics providers collect identifiers (IP addresses, cookie IDs, and mobile IDs), activity data (browsing, clicks, app usage), device data, and geolocation data through our sites and apps when you use our online Sites, but do not “sell” or “share" any other types of personal data. If you do not wish for us or our partners to “sell” or “share” personal data relating to your visits to our sites for advertising purposes, you can make your request by using this Cookie setting link, using a Global Privacy Control, emailing us using the contact information at the bottom of this Notice, or using other controls described in the Choice and Control section of this Notice. If you opt-out using these choices, we will not share or make available such personal data in ways that are considered a “sale” or “sharing” under the CCPA. However, we will continue to make available to our partners (acting as our service providers) some personal data to help us perform advertising-related functions. Further, using these choices will not opt you out of the use of previously “sold” or “shared” personal data or stop all interest-based advertising.
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal data of minors under 16 years of age.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data. You have a right to limit our use of sensitive personal data for any purposes other than to provide the Sites or goods you request or as otherwise permitted by law. Note that we do not use sensitive personal data for any such additional purposes.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent and want to make a request on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide the following, as applicable:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California
- A power of attorney from the California resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465
- Written permission that the California resident has authorized you to make a request on the resident’s behalf. This permission must be signed (via physical or e-signature) by the California resident.
Further, to provide, correct, or delete specific pieces of personal data we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law. We will verify your request by asking you to send it from the email address associated with your account or requiring you to provide information necessary to verify your account. We may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your personal data.
Finally, you have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights set out in the CCPA.
Additionally, under California Civil Code section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, California residents who have provided personal data to a business with which the individual has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California Customers”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal data to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Please be aware that we do not disclose personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes as defined by this law.
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing Privacy@TechnipFMC.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the Sites and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different Sites, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
LOCATION OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers process data. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data. Our storage locations are chosen to promote operational efficiency and to improve performance. We take steps with the intent of processing and protecting as described in this Notice wherever the data are located.
Location of Processing European Personal Data. We transfer Personal Data from the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections.
To learn more about the European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of Personal Data protections, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
To help us protect Personal Data, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the How to Contact Us section.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will update this Notice when necessary to reflect changes in our Sites, how we use Personal Data, or applicable law. When we post changes to the Notice, we will revise the "Last Updated" date at the top of the Notice and any changes will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Sites. If we make material changes to the Notice, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
TechnipFMC plc is the company responsible for collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Data under this Notice. If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for TechnipFMC, please contact us at Privacy@TechnipFMC.com. If you are an individual in Germany or in Brazil, you can contact our German or Brazilian DPO via Privacy@TechnipFMC.com.
Our address is:
Hadrian House, Wincomblee Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom