Paris, March 2, 2009
Technip has been awarded by Lukoil Neftochim Burgas a lumpsum contract, worth approximately €10 million, for the front-end engineering design (FEED) of new units to be built at their refinery in Burgas, Bulgaria.
The contract covers:
- four units based on Axens technology:
- a residue hydrocracking unit with a capacity of 2.5 million tons per year,
- a vacuum gasoil hydrocracking unit with a capacity of 1.8 million tons per year,
- an amine unit,
- a sour water stripper unit,
- two hydrogen units based on Technip KTI technology, with a capacity of 7,500 kilograms per hour each,
- relevant utilities and offsite facilities.
Technip's operating center in Rome, Italy will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in December 2009.
* * *
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA.
* * *
Investor and Analyst Relations:
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708