Technip was awarded by Sarawak Shell Berhad an engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning contract for two new gas-export lines at the Laila and D12 fields, respectively located 50 kilometers Northwest of Miri, at a water depth of 75 meters, and 140 kilometers offshore Bintulu, Malaysia, at a water depth of 50 meters.
The contract covers the:
- design, fabrication and installation of a five-kilometer flexible pipe and a ten-kilometer flexible pipe respectively of 7” and 12.8” diameters,
- diver installation of riser(1) clamps at both jacket platforms,
- pre-commissioning of the flowlines(2),
- project management.
Technip’s operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is executing the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2014. The flexible flowlines will be manufactured at Technip’s Asiaflex Products plant, in Tanjung Langsat, Malaysia. Technip’s new-built multipurpose installation and construction vessel, the Deep Orient, will be used for the installation.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 36,500 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).
|Christophe Bélorgeot||Tél. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92|
|Floriane Lassalle-Massip||Tél. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79||E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Investor and Analyst Relations|
|Kimberly Stewart||Tél. +33 (0) 1 47 78 66 74||E-mail : email@example.com|
|Chuan Wang||Tél. +33 (0) 1 47 78 36 27||E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org|