Paris, December 8, 2008
Technip has been awarded by AKER Installation Floating Production an installation contract, worth approximately €140 million, for phase 2 of the development of the MA D6 oil field. This field, operated by Reliance Industries Ltd., is located off the eastern coast of India in KG D6 Block, at water depths ranging from 1,200 to 1,400 meters.
The contract includes:
- engineering and project management,
- transportation and installation of 18 kilometers of flexible production and gas export risers(1) and flowlines(2), fabricated by Technip’s flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France, under a separate contract,
- transportation and installation of five umbilicals(3) and a gas export manifold supplied by the client,
- construction, transport and installation of a 24’’ rigid spool(4).
Technip’s operating centers in Paris, France, and Aberdeen, Scotland, will execute this contract with support from the Group’s center in Chennai, India. Offshore installation is scheduled for the first half of 2009 and will be carried out by the Constructor, one of the pipelay and construction vessels from Technip’s fleet.
This award follows the successful completion of phase 1 of the same project by Technip in May 2008.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(4) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.