Paris, August 23, 2007
Technip has been awarded a contract for the Cili Padi gas field development by Shell Oil and Gas Malaysia LLC. Shell, a production sharing contract (PSC) contractor to PETRONAS, is the operator for the field, with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd and Nippon Oil as partners.
The Cili Padi field is located 153 km offshore Bintulu (Malaysia), at a water depth of 91 m.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) will execute the contract.
This contract covers conceptual and detailed design engineering for:
- topsides and substructure for a new unmanned satellite drilling riser(2) platform,
- topsides, substructure and bridge for another new riser platform, which will be bridge-linked to the existing F23 gas production platform,
- modification of the topsides of the F23 platform for the tie-in of the two new platforms,
- a new 30 km pipeline including a subsea T-piece for the tie-in of the Selasih field, and
- a new electrical power generation and distribution system.
The project is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter 2008.