Paris, October 17, 2008
Technip has been awarded by Wintershall Noordzee B.V. a lumpsum contract, to assist in the development of the E-18 and P-9 gas fields in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
The contract covers:
- Assembly and installation of a 5.4 kilometer 10” rigid flowline (1) between the new E-18 platform and an existing platform,
- Manufacture and installation of a 16.7 kilometer 8" rigid flowline for the tie-in of two new P-9 wells and an existing platform,
- Installation of two umbilicals (2), 5.6 kilometers and 16.8 kilometers long,
- Trenching (3) and backfilling of the pipelines and umbilicals,
- Installation of protection structures for the P-9 field wells,
- tie-ins, protection and testing of the subsea system.
Technip’s entities in the United Kingdom will execute the contract: the Aberdeen operating center will carry out project management and engineering, the flowlines will be welded at the Evanton spoolbase and the P-9 umbilical will be manufactured at the Newcastle manufacturing unit.
Offshore operations are scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2009. Two vessels from the Technip fleet, the Apache and the Skandi Achiever, will execute the pipelaying and diving operations respectively. Third party vessels will be utilized for trenching and backfilling services.