Technip was awarded by The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO) a significant (1) contract on a reimbursable basis to develop the Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) of the refinery located in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The FEED contract covers four main work packages that include units aimed at processing the “bottom of the barrel” components to high value products, and all associated offsites and utilities to provide seamless integration with existing refinery facilities earmarked for retention post this major modernization.
The project aims at enhancing the refinery configuration, by increasing the throughput from 267,000 to 360,000 barrel per day as well as improving the product slate and profitability.
Technip’s operating center in Rome, Italy, in cooperation with Technip’s operating center in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, will execute the contract, scheduled to be completed at the end of 2015.
Marco Villa, Technip Region B (2) President said: “We are proud to be associated to BAPCO for this major development of the refinery. The award confirms Technip’s leading position as partner of choice to provide high-end services for strategic investments. This reflects at the same time the importance to follow the client and have keen understanding of its needs, since the very early stage of an initiative”.
With more than 50 years of experience in the oil refining sector, Technip leverages its strong expertise in the design, construction or revamp of refineries in more than 75 countries. The Group provides leading-edge solutions worldwide.
(1)For Technip, a “significant” onshore contract is ranging from €50 to €100 million.
(2)Technip Region B is composed of Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe/Russia, South America and Canada Onshore-Offshore.
Wide range of services:
- Technip manages all aspects of oil refining projects, from conceptual design to turnkey delivery. Our vast and successful experience in the design and construction of refining units also includes:
- 30 grassroots refinery projects with capacities up to 400,000 bpsd since 1958,
- Extensive experience with any type of process unit in the oil refining industry with a total of over 840 individual process units,
- Strong expertise in refining master planning including integrated petrochemical complexes,
- Proven track record in process design of open-art refinery units,
- Proprietary and alliance technologies in hydrogen and key refining processes.