7” Check Valve engineered for high intensity unconventional frac
TechnipFMC’s iComplete™ Large Bore Check Valve’s new design is specifically engineered for high intensity unconventional frac, allowing our customer to complete 2,700+ stages without a rebuild
Using proprietary materials and design to improve fracking operations
Our customer challenged us to reduce maintenance costs associated with 3” and 4” check valves. Specifically, our goal was to eliminate interventions associated with small bore check valve repair during hydraulic fracturing operations. On average, the customer was forced to replace 3” check valve kits every 50 fracing stages. We also were tasked with improving HSE performance.
Extending our experience as a leader in pressure control
As the market share leader in pressure control, our drive for continuous customer satisfaction is to boost efficiency, lower working capital and improve safety by offering a next generation, singular conduit large bore check valve system that eliminates connections by 90 percent and reduces overall costs significantly per pad.
Using proprietary materials and design to increase high- and low-pressure seal ability while extending component and kit life. Using proprietary materials and design to increase high- and low-pressure seal ability while extending component and kit life.
- Eliminate maintenance in the middle of the job
- Reduce connections
- Decrease hammer union connections and iron
- Reduce hardware from four to six valves to one valve
- Eliminate TPR
“Using the 7” 15K TechnipFMC check valve, we were able to eliminate check valve associated non-productive time!”
--- Pressure Pumping Iron Supervisor
By installing TechnipFMC’s large bore check valve, we reduced maintenance costs, eliminated interventions associated with small bore check valves and improved HSE performance for our customer.
- Over 2,700 stages completed with over one billion pounds of sand pumped over 1,500 hours (average of 100 bpm and 12,500 psi treating pressure)
- Approximately $29,600 in pad savings
- Replacing 68 kits used with small bore check valves with less than one kit
- Eliminate over 346 hammer union connections
- Hand safety - no torque tools necessary to disassemble
- Eliminated over 786 red zone interventions
Visit the iComplete™ ecosystem webpage at for more information.
Related Surface news
janeiro 31, 2023
janeiro 11, 2022