Intervention and workover control systems
Intervention and workover control systems
Our intervention and workover control systems (IWOCS) enable safe and efficient control of installation, intervention and completion work on subsea wells
IWOCS is a part of our well access system (WAS) providing access to subsea equipment and wells
TechnipFMC’s intervention and workover control systems are meeting subsea challenges by efficiently managing subsea tree (XT) installation and well access tools control.
We have more than 30 years of operational experience with 120 delivered systems, making us a technology leader on WO Control Systems. We deliver globally according to ISO 13628, API 17G standards and other international and regional standards.
By taking charge of the entire control system, we ensure operational integrity, efficiency and safety, which allows us to offer turnkey solutions from pre-commissioning to end of life services.
Our IWOCS control all types of tools needed to support a subsea well’s life of field, including:
- XT installation tools
- Downhole instrumentation
- Open water Well control packages (WCP)
- Tubing hanger installation tools and subsea test trees (THI & SSTT)
- Riserless well intervention systems (RLWI)
- Plug and abandonment systems (P&A)
Our systems can be configured to control various operational modes, including:
- Installation and testing
- Simplified landing string
- Full landing string
- Open water
- Well startup
- Plug and abandonment
Reliable and efficient
From simple to complex operations
One system provider
TechnipFMC has supplied and operated more than 50 completion workover risers systems and over 580 wells with light well intervention services.
- Scalability reduces footprint, weight and complexity
- Standard building blocks increase quality and reduce cost
- Modular design cuts mobilization and demobilization expenses
- Fast reconfiguration capabilities
- Small size and low weight, limits needs for shallow water lifting
- Subsea control modules reduce umbilical size and weight
- Subsea control system eliminate need for umbilicals
- Water depth to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters)
- Hydraulic system at 20 kpsi/1380 bar
- Capable of remote operations
- Seamless integration with subsea production control systems (SPCS)
- Standardized and modularized design reduces engineering costs, improves reliability and promotes flexibility
- No single failure in the IWOCS will cause an unintended system shutdown, safety or environmental risk, or asset loss
- Size and weight efficient design reducing footprint and mobilization cost
- The SACU topside control system is a 10-ton, 10-foot control container qualified for offshore lifting (DNV 2.7–1)
- Modular design enables easy reconfiguration to control all types of well access tools
- They are design for operation in hazardous areas, such as gas Zone 1, T3, Gas Group IIB
- They can be qualified to other regional standards as required
- The system’s operating temperature is -20 to +50°C
- TechnipFMC delivers a variety of top quality Workover umbilical systems, including launch and recovery systems (LARS).
- The umbilical contains hydraulic, electric and fiber-lines dependent on the subsea equipment needs.
- TechnipFMC provide both clamp supported umbilical's as well as free hanging solutions.
- Reel driver systems can be either pneumatic or electrical.
The FlyWOCS is an remotely operated vehicle (ROV) carried subsea tree installation skid that eliminates the need for umbilical and topside control containers, reducing footprint and offshore personnel to one person per shift.
- Topside communication through ROV system
- 5K LP and up to 20K HP hydraulic supply
- Reservoir capacity as required
- SCM power and communication for subsea tree control
- Optional LP and HP chemical pumps
- Space for third party subsea tree interface canister
- Depth of 3,000 meters or more
The new In-riser control module and landing string accumulator module sits within the vessel marine riser system multiplexing tubing hanger, landing string control and down hole functions. This is a deepwater enabler that reduces umbilical size to a minimum and provides fast functional response.
- High temperature tolerant
- Fully redundant system including topside communication
- PSD, ESD and EQD safety functions
- SIL rated PSD and ESD
- Pressure sensors and flow meters on all functions