A unique offering combining services and technologies for the production of biochemicals
We provide our clients a full range of services from feasibility studies to full project execution, including the application of proprietary technologies and licensing partnerships. This robust offering is delivered through our engineering and technology centers around the world.
Top level process skills and technologies to meet your project needs
As one of the world’s largest chemical engineering companies, TechnipFMC is uniquely positioned to leverage our know-how to develop and provide services for the biochemicals market. Our portfolio of technologies and services offers added value to clients looking to develop and improve their projects based on biochemical processes.
Through our expertise in chemical engineering, polymerization, high-temperature and pressure processes, combined with additional process skills such as fermentation, we provide complete technological, engineering, construction and project management services for any type of facility. Our main references include UPM biochemical plant in Germany, LA/PLA technology integration and licensing (PLAnet® association with Futerro & Sulzer) from sugar to biopolymer and EPICEROL epichlorohydrin (ECH) production technology and licensing provided to Meghmani for a new plant in India.
Helping our clients transition into the biochemicals market
Biochemicals allow our clients to expand their technology portfolios to more sustainable, circular and environmentally friendly solutions. These novel processes are innovative and need to be secured prior to industrial scale implementation. We have the expertise to provide effective support as we work towards a reduced carbon footprint and sustainable solutions development.
Our experts apply their extensive experience and understanding of chemicals and bioengineering to help clients explore options during master plans and conceptual studies, offering the potential use of our proprietary and partnership technologies. We are fully capable to handle the basic engineering detailed design phases up to plant delivery.
Leading proprietary and partnership technologies for biochemicals
Our process and chemical engineers draw on years of experience with chemicals to develop innovative biochemical technologies.
Our proprietary technologies include:
- Epicerol®, a solution for the production of epichlorohydrin (ECH)
- Technologies for polyesters (PEF, PBS, PTT, PBAT)
- PLAnet™ , an integrated solution for transforming sugars into polylactic acid in partnership with Futerro and Sulzer
- Technological solutions for the design, construction and startup of ethanol plants
- Hummingbird®, a solution for the production of bioethylene.
Excellence in project execution worldwide
- Superior process skills covering the full biochemical value chain, including fermentation processes
- Ability to develop processes and projects from initial concept
- Strong project execution capacities from small- to large-scale projects worldwide
- Flexibility to adapt work processes to fit any company profile, including startups, agro-industry, paper industry, chemical and petrochemical
- Proven experience and references of biochemical projects
- Broad technology portfolio, including proprietary and third-party offering