Liquefied natural gas (LNG)
Liquefied natural gas (LNG)
Global leader in LNG plant design and construction
- 20% of operating LNG capacity
- 60 years of experience
- 1.2 million tonnes LNG modules built
- First class engineering for the LNG industry
We can engineer and build all types of LNG plants: mid-scale, large-scale, onshore, offshore on different support types, in remote and harsh environments. With unparalleled experience in engineering and construction, our staff can design and execute numerous brownfield and greenfield projects at the same time.
We leverage our large engineering resources for conceptual design to offer turnkey delivery of complete LNG facilities. With our strong balance sheet, we can raise the financing required for LNG and other mega-projects. During the early stages of a project, we carry out conceptual studies to establish a design that is cost effective, safe, meets environmental regulations and is industrially sound. We provide CAPEX estimates of possible solutions, leveraging feedback from our extensive EPC experience. Our solid procurement organization enables us to obtain the best equipment at competitive prices, helping us to guarantee cost, schedule and performance and our acquired knowledge of construction yards and companies allows for a derisked execution schedule.
We combine these capabilities with our technology and know-how to develop new solutions that support the energy transition in reducing LNG plant emissions and improving their energy efficiency.
In the 1960s, we pioneered base-load LNG plant construction through the first-ever facility in Arzew, Algeria. Since then, we’ve sought out the most challenging projects and driven them to success. As a leading LNG player, we have built liquefaction export terminals totaling more than 105 Mtpa production capacity. We also offer our clients a range of services for LNG receiving terminals, from conceptual design studies through EPC.
Maintaining an exceptional track record for on-time delivery, our site teams rely on strong home office engineering support during construction, commissioning and start-up. Our procurement organization helps ensure the timely and efficient assistance of our suppliers. Our past references and ongoing projects include Yamal LNG and Arctic LNG 2 in the Russian Arctic, Rovuma LNG, the world’s six largest LNG trains in Qatar, Yemen LNG, 6 LNG trains in Nigeria, flagship FLNG projects: Prelude FLNG, Coral South FLNG, Petronas Satu FLNG and a series of mid-scale LNG plants in China.
World class technology offering
Best available process technology at pre-FEED stage:
- Air Products natural gas liquefaction
- State-of-the-art NGL recovery
- Gas turbine inlet air chilling using pre-cooling refrigerant
- Nitrogen rejection
- Leading non-cryogenic heat transfer solutions:
- Enhanced surface exchangers – propane refrigerant evaporators and condensers
- LNG modularization
Guaranteed cost, schedule and performance
- Guaranteed cost, schedule and performance
- Energy efficiency and CO2 emissions reduction
- Predictable and controlled project delivery
- Large engineering, procurement resources with the ability to design and execute several brownfield or greenfield projects in parallel
- A strong balance sheet, necessary when raising the bonds associated with LNG and other mega-projects
- 1,300+ procurement executives, organized globally, enable the best equipment at competitive prices
- Facilitation of project finance