Mining and metals
Mining and metals
Recognized expertise and dedicated capabilities in mining and metals
A worldwide presence with successfully completed projects and ongoing projects dedicated to the treatment of nickel, uranium, phosphate, potash, alumina and iron ore.
We offer our clients an integrated approach and expertise across the mineral value chain from mining to processing. The Sintoukola potash project in the Congo is a prime example of this integrated approach.
We cover the entire project lifecycle, from conceptual studies to EPCM or EPC LSTK services. We bring together the scope, know-how and determination to transform our clients’ project economics.
Our team is composed of experienced and trusted experts with a wide-ranging operational and technical expertise across commodities, continents and mining methods bringing their specialization at every level of our client’s business for the lifecycle of their asset.
Leading technologies and process expertise
From the conceptual studies to construction services
We offer proprietary technologies, such as:
- Krebs Mixer-Settler technology, successfully operating in 44 plants and 17 countries, totaling more than 500 mixer-settlers for the solvent extraction of metals like nickel, cobalt, copper, zinc, gold, rare earths and uranium.
- Dorr-Oliver FluoSolids® technology, providing fluidized bed equipment and systems for metallurgical roasting, calcining and drying, waste combustion and other diverse applications. Our reference list includes nearly 1,000 projects.
- Subsea Mining, TechnipFMC is a leading technology developer in the emerging subsea and mining market
Expertise in mining and ore beneficiation
- Consultancy services
- TechnipFMC’s capabilities are backed by proven experience in geology and mining engineering, resources and reserves evaluation
- Geological evaluation and JORC/NI43-101 reserves certification
- Mining studies, including mining methods and mining plans
- Metallurgical test works
- Design of mineral processing plants from beneficiation to refining plants