Petrochemicals and polymers
Petrochemicals and polymers
Premier proprietary technologies and strong licensing partnerships
Our petrochemical technology portfolio encompasses processes to manufacture a wide range of products derived from aromatics, olefins, styrenics and phenolics. With our deep experience in polymer processes, we are a leader in the field.
TechnipFMC is a leader in process design, licensing and construction of petrochemical units, including basic chemicals, intermediate and derivative plants. Our services range from development from conceptual studies to full engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) complexes based on dozens of technologies, proprietary or via license agreements.
Our technologies include:
- Badger Licensing, acquired from ExxonMobil, offers premier proprietary technologies in the styrenics and phenolics petrochemical chains. Learn more at www.badgerlicensing.com
- Zimmer® polymer technologies, which for more than 60 years has delivered maximum resource efficiency, high availability and low operating costs to polyester and polyamide plants.
We also license a comprehensive portfolio of chemical technologies from leading manufacturing and technology providers, through established alliances and partnerships.
Proprietary technologies & alliances
Badger Licensing & Zimmer® polymer technologies
Zimmer® polymer technologies:
- Specialty & bio-polymers
- Styrene Monomer
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
Established alliances & experiences
- Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) with BP
- Acetic acid with BP
- Acrylonitrile with Clariant
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) with SABIC
- Low density polyethylene (LDPE) production with SABIC
- General purpose polystyrene (GPPS)/high impact polystyrene (HIPS) technology with Total
- Suspension PolyVinyl Chloride (S-PVC) technology with KEM ONE
- Ethylene di-chloride (EDC) and vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) technologies with OxyVinyls
- HS Bleach with Arkema
- Polyolefins (polyethylene, high density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene (PP)
- HCl oxidation with Sumitomo Chemicals Cooperation
Chlor-Alkali for membrane cell process technology with all major electrolyser vendors
Reducing costs and increasing profits
- Technologies and services to reduce project and maintenance costs and increase profits
Our research center in Weymouth, Massachusetts develops and tests technologies used in petrochemical applications. The laboratory has fully automated pilot plants that test catalysts and gather design data needed to scale up processes for commercialization.
Our research center in Frankfurt, Germany develops and improves our polymer technologies and supports clients to commercialize their polymer products. Experiments in the lab generate the critical design data to cost effectively scale up the process to commercial conditions.