Cost-effective installation of large integrated topsides
We perform all the engineering, procurement and management tasks associated with floatover installation. We also manage the Topside loadout at yard onto the transportation vessel.
TechnipFMC offers cost-effective Topsides installation methods for all types of platforms, such as; Unideck® technology using hydraulic jacking systems for fixed platforms in long swell sea environment; floatover for floating facilities by catamaran method for SPAR or mating for semi-submersible units; and also solutions for high airgap.
We are experts in floatover operations. This installation technique for large integrated topsides avoids the need of large heavy lift crane vessels by using the topsides transportation vessel for the installation and minimizes the offshore hookup and commissioning (that is mainly performed on the fabrication yard).
Some of our key references include East Area project, an active floatover for 18,000-tonne topside in Nigeria; Wheatstone project, a floatover FEED study for 35,000-tonne high airgap topsides in Australia; Murphy Kikeh Spar, the world’s first open-sea catamaran floatover topsides installation in Malaysia and some mating of the world largest semi-submersible platforms in Brazil (P52/P51/P56).
Our floatover project experience
- Topsides installation methods for fixed and floating platforms
- Unideck® technology using hydraulic jacking systems for fixed platforms in long swell sea environment
- Floatover for floating facilities by catamaran method for SPAR or mating for semi-submersible units
- Installation solutions for high airgap topsides (this technology can be used to elevate Topsides for fixed platforms with field subsidence).
Cost-effective methods and high expertise
- Cost-effective installation methods of all types of fixed and floating platforms
- Integrated Topsides minimizing the offshore hook-up & commissioning
- No use of large heavy lift crane vessels
- Expertise in active floatover in long swell sea environment
- Unideck® system: proprietary technologies
- Expertise in catamaran floatover
- Expertise in Topsides mating for semi submersibles