Press release | March 15, 2020
TechnipFMC Provides Update on Planned Separation
Market conditions have changed materially due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the sharp decline in commodity prices, and the heightened volatility in global equity markets. The impacts of these events have created a market environment that is not currently conducive to the Company’s planned separation into
The Company reiterates that the strategic rationale for the separation remains unchanged. The Company is committed to the transaction and continues its preparations to ensure that the two companies are ready for separation when the markets sufficiently recover.
Important Information for Investors and Securityholders
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Words such as “expect,” “plan,” “intend,” “would,” “will,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, which are generally not historical in nature, and include any statements with respect to the potential separation of the Company into RemainCo and
- risks associated with disease outbreaks and changes in, and the administration of, treaties, laws, and regulations, including in response to public health issues;
- risks associated with the impact or terms of the potential separation;
- risks associated with the benefits and costs of the potential separation, including the risk that the expected benefits of the potential separation will not be realized within the expected time frame, in full or at all;
- risks that the conditions to the potential separation, including regulatory approvals and consultation of employee representatives, will not be satisfied and/or that the potential separation will not be completed within the expected time frame, on the expected terms or at all;
- the expected tax treatment of the potential separation, including as to shareholders in
the United Statesor other countries;
- changes in the shareholder bases of the Company, RemainCo and
SpinCo, and volatility in the market prices of their respective shares;
- risks associated with any financing transactions undertaken in connection with the potential separation; and
- the impact of the potential separation on our businesses and the risk that the potential separation may be more difficult, time-consuming or costly than expected, including the impact on our resources, systems, procedures and controls, diversion of management’s attention and the impact on relationships with customers, governmental authorities, suppliers, employees and other business counterparties.
We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any of our forward-looking statements after the date they are made, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except to the extent required by law.
This press release is intended for informational purposes only for the shareholders of
We are uniquely positioned to deliver greater efficiency across project lifecycles from concept to project delivery and beyond. Through innovative technologies and improved efficiencies, our offering unlocks new possibilities for our clients in developing their oil and gas resources.
Each of our more than 37,000 employees is driven by a steady commitment to clients and a culture of purposeful innovation, challenging industry conventions, and rethinking how the best results are achieved.
Vice President Investor Relations
Tel: +1 281 260 3665
Director Investor Relations (
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3429 3929
Senior Vice President Corporate Engagement
Tel: +33 1 47 78 39 92
Email: Christophe Belorgeot
Public Relations Director
Tel: +1 281 591 4108