Press release | January 16, 2020
TechnipFMC Reaffirms Timeline for Separation Into Two Industry-Leading, Diversified Pure-Play Companies
The Company anticipates completing the transaction in the second quarter of 2020 and intends to host a Capital Markets event in
The Company also announced that the E.U. Prospectus for the spin-off of Technip Energies will now include audited IFRS financial statements for Technip Energies for each of the fiscal years ended
In addition to the approval of the E.U. Prospectus by the
Technip Energies (SpinCo)
With approximately 15,000 employees, Technip Energies would be one of the largest E&C pure-plays and is poised to capitalize on the global energy transition. Technip Energies will be well positioned to capture LNG opportunities as a result of its disciplined project delivery model, diversified capabilities and track record. In addition, the new company will benefit from its leadership position, in terms of backlog, in the downstream market, as well as future growth opportunities in biofuels, green chemistry and other energy alternatives. Technip Energies will be incorporated in
With approximately 22,000 employees,
Important Information for Investors and Securityholders
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Words such as “expect,” “plan,” “intend,” “would,” “will,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, which are generally not historical in nature, and include any statements with respect to the potential separation of the Company into RemainCo and SpinCo, the expected financial and operational results of RemainCo and SpinCo after the potential separation and expectations regarding RemainCo’s and SpinCo’s respective businesses or organizations after the potential separation. Such forward-looking statements involve significant risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from our historical experience and our present expectations or projections. For information regarding known material factors that could cause actual results to differ from projected results, please see our risk factors set forth in our filings with the
- risks associated with the impact or terms of the potential separation;
- risks associated with the benefits and costs of the potential separation, including the risk that the expected benefits of the potential separation will not be realized within the expected time frame, in full or at all;
- risks that the conditions to the potential separation, including regulatory approvals and consultation of employee representatives, will not be satisfied and/or that the potential separation will not be completed within the expected time frame, on the expected terms or at all;
- the expected tax treatment of the potential separation, including as to shareholders in
the United Statesor other countries;
- changes in the shareholder bases of the Company, RemainCo and SpinCo, and volatility in the market prices of their respective shares;
- risks associated with any financing transactions undertaken in connection with the potential separation; and
- the impact of the potential separation on our businesses and the risk that the potential separation may be more difficult, time-consuming or costly than expected, including the impact on our resources, systems, procedures and controls, diversion of management’s attention and the impact on relationships with customers, governmental authorities, suppliers, employees and other business counterparties.
We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any of our forward-looking statements after the date they are made, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except to the extent required by law.
This press release is intended for informational purposes only for the shareholders of
We are uniquely positioned to deliver greater efficiency across project lifecycles from concept to project delivery and beyond. Through innovative technologies and improved efficiencies, our offering unlocks new possibilities for our clients in developing their oil and gas resources.
Each of our more than 37,000 employees is driven by a steady commitment to clients and a culture of purposeful innovation, challenging industry conventions, and rethinking how the best results are achieved.
Vice President Investor Relations
+1 281 260 3665
Director Investor Relations (Europe)
+44 (0) 20 3429 3929
Senior Vice President Corporate Engagement
+33 1 47 78 39 92
Public Relations Officer
+33 1 47 78 22 89