Press release | December 12 2018
TechnipFMC Announces 2019 Financial Guidance
LONDON & PARIS & HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Regulatory News:
TechnipFMC plc (NYSE: FTI) (Paris: FTI) (ISIN:GB00BDSFG982) today issued its fiscal 2019 financial guidance.
2019 Financial Guidance 1
|Revenue in a range of $5.4 – 5.7 billion||Revenue in a range of $5.7 – 6.0 billion||Revenue in a range of $1.7 – 1.8 billion|
|EBITDA margin at least 11% (excluding amortization related impact of purchase price accounting, and other charges and credits)||EBITDA margin at least 12% (excluding amortization related impact of purchase price accounting, and other charges and credits)||EBITDA margin at least 17% (excluding amortization related impact of purchase price accounting, and other charges and credits)|
|Corporate expense, net $160 – 170 million for the full year (excluding the impact of foreign currency fluctuations)|
|Net interest expense $40 – 60 million for the full year (excluding the impact of revaluation of partners’ redeemable financial liability)|
|Tax rate 28 – 32% for the full year (excluding the impact of discrete items)|
|Capital expenditures approximately $400 million for the full year|
Cash flow from operating activities positive for the
Merger integration and restructuring costs approximately $50 million for the full year
|Cost synergies $450 million total savings ($220m exit run-rate 12/31/17, $400m exit run-rate 12/31/18, $450m exit run-rate 12/31/19)|
1 Our guidance measures EBITDA margin (excluding amortization related impact of purchase price accounting, and other charges and credits), corporate expense, net (excluding the impact of foreign currency fluctuations), net interest expense (excluding the impact of revaluation of partners’ redeemable financial liability), and tax rate (excluding the impact of discrete items) are non-GAAP financial measures. We are unable to provide a reconciliation to comparable GAAP financial measures on a forward-looking basis without unreasonable effort because of the unpredictability of the individual components of the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure and the variability of items excluded from each such measure. Such information may have a significant, and potentially unpredictable, impact on our future financial results.
Teleconference and presentation
The Company will host a teleconference on Thursday, December 13, 2018 to discuss its 2019 financial guidance. The call will begin at 1 p.m. London time (8 a.m. New York time). Dial-in information and an accompanying presentation can be found at www.technipfmc.com.
Webcast access will also be available on our website prior to the start of the call. An archived audio replay will be available after the event at the same website address. In the event of a disruption of service or technical difficulty during the call, information will be posted on our website.
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project economics.
We are uniquely positioned to deliver greater efficiency across project lifecycles from concept to project delivery and beyond. Through innovative technologies and improved efficiencies, our offering unlocks new possibilities for our clients in developing their oil and gas resources.
Each of our more than 37,000 employees is driven by a steady commitment to clients and a culture of purposeful innovation, challenging industry conventions, and rethinking how the best results are achieved.
To learn more about us and how we are enhancing the performance of the world’s energy industry, go to TechnipFMC.com and follow us on Twitter @TechnipFMC.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements” as defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Words such as “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “plan,” “intend,” “foresee,” “should,” “would,” “could,” “may,” “will,” “likely,” “predicated,” “estimate,” “outlook” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, which are generally not historical in nature. Such forward-looking statements involve significant risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from our historical experience and our present expectations or projections, including the following known material factors:
- the remedial measures to address our material weaknesses could be insufficient or additional issues relating to disclosure controls and procedures or internal control over financial reporting could be identified;
- unanticipated changes relating to competitive factors in our industry;
- demand for our products and services, which is affected by changes in the price of, and demand for, crude oil and natural gas in domestic and international markets;
- our ability to develop and implement new technologies and services, as well as our ability to protect and maintain critical intellectual property assets;
- potential liabilities arising out of the installation or use of our products;
- cost overruns related to our fixed price contracts or asset construction projects that may affect revenues;
- our ability to timely deliver our backlog and its effect on our future sales, profitability, and our relationships with our customers;
- our reliance on subcontractors, suppliers and joint venture partners in the performance of our contracts;
- our ability to hire and retain key personnel;
- piracy risks for our maritime employees and assets;
- the potential impacts of seasonal and weather conditions;
- the cumulative loss of major contracts or alliances;
- U.S. and international laws and regulations, including environmental laws and regulations, that may increase our costs, limit the demand for our products and services or restrict our operations;
- disruptions in the political, regulatory, economic and social conditions of the countries in which we conduct business;
- risks associated with The Depository Trust Company and Euroclear for clearance services for shares traded on the NYSE and Euronext Paris, respectively;
- results of the United Kingdom’s referendum on withdrawal from the European Union;
- risks associated with being an English public limited company, including the need for court approval of “distributable profits” and stockholder approval of certain capital structure decisions;
- our ability to pay dividends or repurchase shares in accordance with our announced capital allocation plan;
- compliance with covenants under our debt instruments and conditions in the credit markets;
- a downgrade in the ratings of our debt could restrict our ability to access the debt capital markets;
- the outcome of uninsured claims and litigation against us;
- the risks of currency exchange rate fluctuations associated with our international operations;
- risks that the legacy businesses of FMC Technologies, Inc. and Technip S.A. will not be integrated successfully or that the combined company will not realize estimated cost savings, value of certain tax assets, synergies and growth or that such benefits may take longer to realize than expected;
- unanticipated merger-related costs;
- failure of our information technology infrastructure or any significant breach of security, including related to cyber attacks;
- risks associated with tax liabilities, changes in U.S. federal or international tax laws or interpretations to which they are subject; and
- such other risk factors set forth in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and in our filings with the Autorité des marchés financiers or the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any of our forward-looking statements after the date they are made, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except to the extent required by law.
Vice President Investor Relations
Tel: +1 281 260 3665
Email: Matt Seinsheimer
Director Investor Relations (Europe)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3429 3929
Email: Phillip Lindsay
Senior Vice President Corporate Engagement
Tel: +33 1 47 78 39 92
Email: Christophe Belorgeot
Senior Manager Public Relations
Tel: +33 1 47 78 34 83
Email: Delphine Nayral