Technip was awarded two contracts by the international energy company Statoil, worth a total of around €55 million, for the Vilje South field and Visund North developments located in the North Sea at water depths of 120 and 385 meters respectively.
These contracts cover:
- welding and installation of a 10 kilometer production flowline(1),
- subsea equipment installation and tie-ins,
- umbilical(2) installation and tie-ins.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway will execute the contracts. Flowline welding will take place in the Group’s spoolbase in Orkanger, Norway, while installation will be performed with the Apache II, a pipelay vessel from Technip’s fleet, in mid-2013.
(1) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 26,500 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPK).
Christophe Bélorgeot Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 66 74
E-mail : email@example.com
Group website http://www.technip.com