Paris, June 18, 2008
Technip has been awarded by StatoilHydro an engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) lumpsum contract, worth approximately €60 million, for the Gjøa oil field development. This field is located in blocks 35/9 and 36/7 on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway, will execute the contract, which includes:
- installation engineering,
- procurement of installation equipments,
- fabrication and installation of subsea structures, spools* and protection covers,
- tie-in and commissioning.
The detailed design and the other equipments will be provided by StatoilHydro.
Offshore installation is scheduled for 2009. This will be the first major campaign performed by Technip’s new built diving support vessel Skandi Arctic.
This contract follows the pipeline installation contract recently awarded by StatoilHydro to Technip for the same field.
* Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.