Paris, March 20, 2009
Technip has been awarded by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a lump sum contract for the Ekofisk VA subsea water injection project located in block 2/4 on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. This contract provides for the installation, tie-in and commissioning of subsea facilities between the existing Ekofisk facilities and a new eight well subsea injection template (2/4VA).
The contract includes:
- installation engineering;
- procurement of installation equipment;
- installation of client provided spools(1), flexible flowlines(2) and umbilicals(3);
- design, fabrication and installation of protection covers; and
- tie-in and commissioning.
The detailed design and the other equipment will be provided by ConocoPhillips. Offshore installation is scheduled for 2009.
Installation will be performed by several vessels including Technip’s new-built diving support vessel, the Skandi Arctic.
(1) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.