At TechnipFMC, the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and partners is of paramount importance in all we do. We are approaching the outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) with the same priority and rigor.
TechnipFMC is closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding Covid-19 and is taking sensible and measured precautions to support employees, partners and visitors to our worksites; whether offices, vessels or yards.
In line with relevant government policies and guidelines in our operating areas, we continue to update travel advice as appropriate. Furthermore, as additional prudent precautions, we are taking direct actions to protect employee health and safety including communicating updates regularly with our global teams, providing health alerts and prevention tips from the World Health Organization (WHO) and other governmental and regulatory authorities. TechnipFMC is grateful to the many health professionals working to treat those infected and find a cure. As the situation evolves, so too will our guidelines and policies.
Doug Pferdehirt, TechnipFMC Chairman and CEO, said: "Our response to Covid-19 is guided by keeping your best interests in mind. And, as the situation with Covid-19 continues to evolve, I want to assure you that our core value, Achieving Together is critical to the way we are dealing with the outbreak. We are one team and that means that each of us has to think for the good of our wider community - family, colleagues, community and the people we care about. Our Foundational belief of Safety is at the core of all that we do and we continue to take steps to reduce the risks posed by Covid-19.”
Our pro-active stance:
- Complying with relevant government policies and guidelines in all operating areas.
- Discouraging large gatherings of individuals and advising employees to work from home where possible. Online meetings should be utilized.
- Maintaining appropriate social distance, ideally a minimum of six feet/two meters.
- Restricting both international and domestic travel.
- In addition, the company requires personnel returning from a professional or personal trip to to self-isolate and work from home for a minimum of 14 days prior to reporting to a TechnipFMC facility.
- This also applies to any member of their immediate household or other direct contact who has traveled internationally.
- The same regulation applies to personnel who have been exposed to a person diagnosed, had contact with an individual that has been directly exposed to a confirmed case, or suspected to be diagnosed, with Covid-19.
- Instructing all employees on best practice for seeking medical care and reporting to the company, if they should experience any signs of illness.
- Promoting health prevention, including respecting high levels of hygiene rules and avoiding any contact with people who are unwell.
Working with you - Clients and Partners:
Maintaining the highest standards for client project performance is a priority for TechnipFMC, consistent with our commitment to assuring the safety of our people and partners. Across our worksites, we are complying with, and adhering to, all relevant Government information and guidelines, actively managing client projects to maintain workforce readiness and minimize impacts on project execution schedules.
While these measures are critical for managing our own facilities and operations, we continue to develop coordination and safety best practices, working with stakeholders to assure both supply chain and business continuity. Where possible, our operations continue, however, as the situation evolves, so too do our guidelines and policies.
Our guidelines for clients and partners include:
- Discouraging large gatherings of individuals and encouraging the use of digital technology for communication
- Limiting on-site access for non-essential suppliers and contractors
- Screening third-party visitors to TechnipFMC worksites and fully adhering to the policies and guidelines set out by our clients and partners
- Denying access to TechnipFMC worksites; whether offices, vessels or yards by clients or partners if in the last 14 days:
- They have returned from any international travel, whether business or personal
- A member of their immediate household, or other direct contact, has traveled internationally.
- The same regulation applies to those who have been exposed to a person diagnosed, had contact with an individual that has been directly exposed to a confirmed case, or suspected to be diagnosed, with Covid-19
- They are unwell and showing Covid-19 symptoms, these being; abnormal body temperature, fatigue/tiredness, persistent cough or shortness of breath with trouble breathing.
- Directing clients and partners who are based in any of our worksites; whether offices, vessels or yards to self-isolate in the event of a suspected or confirmed outbreak and to follow their own company guidelines
- Check ahead with your host as some of our worksites are now closed to visitors, except with prior approval.
Further guidance and useful resources
TechnipFMC is taking guidance from the World Health Organization situation and other governmental and regulatory authorities.
These are unprecedented times for the world, and the situation is evolving rapidly. There is nothing more important right now than the health, safety and well-being of our employees, clients and partners."
Doug Pferdehirt – TechnipFMC Chairman and CEO
TechnipFMC on Twitter
Last week, we announced that we resumed our activities to create two industry-leading , independent, publicly traded companies. Today, we’re delighted to introduce you the new logo and some brand elements of Technip Energies. To learn more: linkedin.com/posts/arnaud-p…
We’re glad to announce that we resumed our activities to create two industry-leading , independent, publicly traded companies: TechnipFMC and Technip Energies. Learn more in our press release : lnkd.in/eWX9h_3
This year was full of unexpected challenges. But we’re proud of #TeamTechnipFMC for being there for one another, for our business, and for our customers. Please enjoy this video as we say goodbye to 2020 – and best wishes from all of us for a safe, happy and prosperous new year!